Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Every delicious corner

After five years in the SF Bay Area and three years in Brooklyn, I moved to the New York suburbs -- Westchester County -- to be close to family and to buy a cheap(ish) piece of real estate. Well, I've got my co-op, I've got a 30-minute commute to Midtown, and I've got a brand-new nephew just up the road. The one thing I don't have is a sense of what's good to eat around here. The NY Times and various local food blogs get hot and bothered over the city but stick up their noses at Westchester. But I know there's good and interesting food in every corner of the world, even suburbia, so I'm going to find it: What are the neighborhood specialities? Where's the best jerk chicken? Who serves the tastiest burger? pizza? pad Thai? And how does one get good food in the burbs without a car?

So, in the do-it-yourself spirit of bloggers and citizen journalists everywhere, I'm going to taste and write my way through my neighborhood and surrounding ones, keeping track on this blog so other Westchester-ites can benefit. I'm a freelancer and I love getting a deal, so I'll focus mostly on low-budget tasties, but if I get a fat paycheck here and there, I'll splurge on something fancy and let you know whether it was worth it. Here's to deliciousness, wherever you're living.

1 comment:

Ugochi said...

what a FANTASTIC idea!

i can't wait to read about all the yummy places we're gonna go when i come visit!

Beauty 365
Beauty Every Day